Hey Everyone,
I am doing great. I love my new companion, she is really nice. Except that she is having me drive today :( But we aren't dead yet :) I made the mistake of telling her that I don't like to drive but I would take turns if she wanted to. She had told me that she loves to drive so I didn't think I would really be driving. I got to the library all by myself, haha. It is easier now since I have been navigating her around for a little while. I feel like I am really beginning to learn the area and the people. I have been praying for a lot of help with that. During sacrament mtg yesterday I drew the pews on my program and started labeling all the people (by family, not individually). I got almost everyone :)
A new chapel was built in VA Beach and one of the wards that meets in our building is now going there. (our ward moved to 9am) It seemed really empty yesterday. It was normal in the classes and sacrament but the halls were not crammed with people and the parking lot was not overflowing :) We went to the new building on Sat and gave church tours. It was really fun. There were a lot of members and friends or relatives of members that came through to see it. We gave a tour to one girl that had never heard of our church before but lived nearby and had watched it being constructed. She saw all the people there on Sat walked over and wandered in. We gave her tour and she said she wanted to come the next day for services :) There were different people set up in each of the main rooms to explain a little about that organization. (Ex. The scout master was in the scouting room, Relief Society Presidency in their room, and the clerk and bishop in the offices,etc.) Everyone had a little display with something on it from that organization (Ex. bookmark with R.S. theme, Duty to God pamphlets, etc.) It was all set up really nice.
We are trying to find people to meet with because our teaching pool is very small right now. So, I don't really have a lot to say on that topic. Krystal set a date to be baptized :) That was super exciting, she is so great! I am really happy that we have been able to teach her. She is a wonderful person and she is just going to love the gospel so much. We fasted yesterday that she will be able to get Sundays off or something will work out so that she can come to church. Ed blessed the sacrament yesterday! He did great and he only had to say it two times. He is so dedicated and just wants to learn all there is to learn.
.
Well, I better go for now. Sorry I don't have a lot to say this week it just seemed to go by very fast. I think this transfer is going to be gone before I know it and I will be sending Sis Han off to Utah :( She is really an awesome missionary. So far my companions have been wonderful so maybe the next one will be good too. I love you all.
Love Sis Vickie Ferguson
P.S. Tell Burt to hurry it up already. I am getting super impatient to know where he is going. How is Stephen doing? I haven't heard anything about him since y'all said he was headed to the MTC.
No comments:
Post a Comment